Lily Allen

Lily Allen has been complaining to the Daily Record about how broke she supposedly is. She's still got a place to live and has been living it up in LA with fellow "broke" pal Lindsay Lohan, so how bad off could she really be?

According to Lily, she had to sell her BMW, and no banks will advance her any money. Oh the horror! Her financial situation, however, did not stop her from purchasing a Jamaican beach last month, and hasn't slowed her habit for buying mountains of new clothes.

Lily told the Daily Record:

I had to sell my car because I’m so broke. I bought it last year and that was probably my biggest extravagance. Clothes, too. I’m always buying clothes.”

I’m completely skint,” she said. “I can’t even spend on credit cards. I mean, I won’t be broke because I’ll get the royalties from the album and all the radio plays, but that takes about a year… The banks will usually front your money in that kind of situation, but obviously they are not lending at the moment, so it’s quite a tricky time.

“I’ve been hit big time by the credit crunch.”

Poor Lily. While perhaps by celebrity standards she is "broke", in the real world she's still far from it. And if she is hoping for any sympathy from her fans, she's not likely to find it.

Photos